Dirac is a world-renowned audio technology company and we’re passionate about sound. Wherever or however you enjoy audio, we give your audio system the power to push beyond its physical limitations. We transform your car into a mobile HiFi room. Headphone listening becomes a fully immersive experience, your studio being optimized for accurate listening, and your mobile device turns into a pocket-sized entertainment center. Many of the most respected and recognizable Automotive manufacturers already use Dirac technologies in their products, including Harman, Volvo, Polestar, DensoTen, NIO, Bentley, Genesis, Rolls Royce, BYD and many others. Dirac is headquartered in Uppsala, Sweden, with offices in China and India, as well as representatives in Japan, USA, South Korea and Germany. Additionally, Dirac operates an R&D center in Copenhagen, Denmark. Undergoing an intense growth phase, the Dirac team consists of more than 100 people – with additional expansion on the immediate horizon.
We are now looking for a driven Automotive Audio System Engineer to join our team. Do you have an ear for great sound, want to develop within the acoustic field and globally engage with exciting customers? Are you also willing to live in China for up to a year, then Dirac is definitely a place for you!
As an Audio System Engineer at Dirac, you are mainly expected to support presales and customer projects in reviewing audio system configurations, guiding customers in audio processing, plan and execute car audio tunings, using Dirac tools, both in Dirac offices and on site at customers around the world. For the right candidate, Dirac expects you to be able to live in China for up to a year, to manage important customer projects together with our team based in China. When the assignment in China is finished, you are expected to move to either Sweden, Germany or Denmark and be able to work from one of our offices in Europe. You will participate in automotive projects throughout the whole project phase, from presales (evaluating audio system configurations), demonstrations (Proof of Concepts, feasibility studies), planning, execution, and maintenance (in case of support issues). You will be responsible for ensuring the delivery from Dirac is in quality and on time. The candidate needs to work with local and remote SW developers and other audio systems engineers to resolve issues/bugs. Travels to customers around the globe occur frequently and you must be customer oriented and responsive to customer needs, while also protecting the integrity of Dirac products. In case of a conflict between customer needs and Dirac product guidelines, you are required to escalate the issue accordingly.
THE ORGANIZATION – CUSTOMER SOLUTIONS
The Customer Solution (CS) team resides within the Sales organization and focus on delivering customer value in different stages of the customer interaction process. This means early in the presales process, to deliver RFI/RFQs, demos, and conducting feasibility studies on the customer platform but also to handle post-sales, with delivering the project and support/bug fixing. CS have the resources globally to handle project management, consumer support, customer integration and car audio tuning.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Support presales activities like system configuration evaluations and participate
in customer meetings
- Perform automotive audio tunings according to Dirac guidelines on customer projects and demos
- Travel to customers and perform on-site tuning and other support
- Perform tuning training sessions to partners and customers
- Mentor and develop other team members
- Support improvements of Dirac solutions and report potential issues and work with different departments to help isolate, debug and resolve issues
- Plan and administrate global tuning projects
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Audio Engineering, Acoustical Engineering, Signal Processing or other related field
- 4+ years working as an Audio System Engineer, Tuning Engineer, Audio Engineer or other similar roles within the Automotive domain
- Excellent audio processing skills (working with compressors, EQ’s, limiters, etc.)
- Very good understanding of car audio systems; including digital and analogue signal chains, amplifiers, transducers, etc.
- Excellent English skills are required to communicate effectively with team members and customers
Start: As soon as we find the perfect match!
Salary: We offer competitive salary
Extent: Fulltime, until further notice
Placement: First 1 year in China, Shanghai, then at a Dirac office in either Sweden, Denmark or Germany
Reports to: Head of Customer Solutions
Candidates will be interviewed continuously, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. If you have questions regarding the position, contact Mikael Yabandeh at firstname.lastname@example.org, and for more information about Dirac, visit www.dirac.com.